Thank you..

1/26/11

I know this blog is just beginning...but I hope to fill it with bunches of fun posts...so thank you for visiting and I hope you get a brief glimpse at my life. Sometimes it's nice to see the people behind a business. :)

What is your favorite thing to collect. I do have many, but I think the one I enjoy most is fabrics. Even though I didn't start sewing till my late 30's...I have always loved fabrics. I think it goes back to when I was young. My Mom sewed alot and fabric was stashed all over her sewing room. I loved looking at the stash she had, never organized..but in a very artful way, nestled like a big bag of candy. All the colors seemed to mix together. I loved feeling them...so soft and simple looking even though some of the colors where very bright. Going into a fabric store now brings me back to those days. It's just a warm and comforting feeling I get.

I really love old fabrics...the older the better. My search never ends. I'm always looking for great old fabrics to share on the site. I do have to admit that sometimes it does get the best of me. Because with the collecting, comes the research. I'm never happy just selling a fabric, I must find out it's real age...and the reason it come to be. I like this, but takes up alot of time. Hubby jokes that the laptop is attached to my lap. HA...wouldn't THAT make things easier. He's SOO funny. Anyway, sometimes I get those butterflies again when I come across some really old and great fabrics. My mind is always wondering about the woman that sewed with them. How their lives were at that time...and if they ever imagined that these same fabrics that they once held would someday be held by another woman over 150 years later. I think not....but it's nice to know that there is a connection between the past and the present. Somehow it brings these woman of our past closer to us. That's what I like to believe anyway. So when you visit the store, know that I've done a bunch of research and hopefully I've brought you closer to these woman as well.

Stay warm,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger