One of my Favorite Books and A Quick Crock Pot Recipe

9/19/11


YaaaHHoooo for 'Back To School'....and the wonderful colds that kids bring home.

Yup...been down with the worst cold ever..Taylor and I both. We should own stock in cold medication..
we've purchased so much of it this past week. 

While in bed feeding the cold and starving the fever...or is it feed the fever and starve the cold?
I picked up some of my old favorites....this is probably the one go-to book that I pick up the most.

Your House, Your Home by Randy Florke's and Country Living.
He is simple, straight forward and loves farmhouses as much as I do.



He has a wonderful way of using what's already in a home...and making it work for your personal style.


He shows you how to use the simple antiques that you already own.


Or how to use the new treasures you pick up...


He shows you how to live in your old..or new home with your own personality.


Those are my fingerprints....this book it dog eared, written on (my fav's that I want to keep track of)..and as shown...finger printed.

THAT is what makes for a great book. :)

******************************

If there is anything I hate worse then being in bed with a cold...having to COOK!

This is a simple recipe that tastes great and can work with any schedule. 

Easy CrockPot Chicken

4-boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
1 cube butter
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp flaked parsley
1 TB minced onion
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Place chicken in crockpot, Put butter on top. Add garlic and seasoning to taste. Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours or till tender.


I used tenders instead of breasts...and some sage instead of the garlic salt. I also like to toss in a chicken bouillon cube. You can add or delete any of the seasonings...it's that simple.


I apologize for not having some pictures of the finished chicken.
 Hubby and son got to it while I was having a sneezing attack in bed.

We had a salad and a fresh loaf of bread (thank goodness for bread machines)
with this.

Any chicken leftover makes wonderful chicken salad. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

much love,
Paula








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger