My simple Cozy Bedroom

9/6/12


This is my heaven. The place I go to when I don't feel myself...when I need a bit of down time..
and where I climb every night with my sweet hubby.


Nothing fancy or expensive here. Just things that I've fallen in love with over the years.
Collected one at a time...near & dear to my heart.


The bed itself was purchased many moons ago for $125.00. I love the height of it..I feel like 'The Princess
& The Pea' every time I climb into it. I love the creaking sound it makes
every time hubby rolls over. It's comforting. 
I have it piled with bedding new & old...lots of it. I feel safe & secure in it.


The needlepoint above the bed was purchased for $15.00 at an antique store. I felt so sad for it..
nobody wanted it & so it sat for a very long time. I gave it my heart & my home.
The table hubby made. Fits the lamp & remote perfectly. 



Roses from our garden sit in an old vase I picked up for $1. It's chippy and very sweet.



The plates I've collected long before decorating with them was 'in'.
When first married I could pick them up for a quarter each. I'd hang them all over the house.
Easy, cheap & they look pretty.


My heart went 'pitter-patter' for the bench. It's wonderfully aged & perfect here.
The cedar chest under the window I built in high school, it holds our adult children's school projects & special Christmas ornies...the bowl on top is the first piece of
old ironstone I ever purchased.


My Dad built the dresser...after finding an expensive hand painted one
I painted my own. I love the way it turned out & will never repaint it.


The old dresser was bought for $35 & given a couple coats of 'Robin's Egg Blue'. My favorite color.
Hardware was changed out for some old glass handles I picked up at a flea market cheap.
The old gesso and wood mirror is the very first purchase I made on ebay years ago when they
first started.

Well, that's it...like I said.. nothing fancy but worth a whole lot to me & mine.

I hope you enjoyed the visit.
much love,
Paula

I'm linking up with these great gals this week.

Photobucket
The Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



10 comments:

  1. Hi Paula....I absolutely love your bedroom. The bed is beautiful and inviting (but I don't think your husband would appreciate it if I climbed in with you guys).
    I love the linens and the softness of the paint on the walls....beautiful.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute perfection, Paula! Just love it, and those fabulous bed linens!! Was great to hear from you! I visit your shop quite often...need to send a quick convo when I do! Hope all is well with you!
    Hugs, gal!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula,
    I love your cozy bedroom! It spoke to me all week i have been wanting to click on this thumbnail and see your lovely home! I will feature you today at Home Sweet Home! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from Sherry's blog! I'm glad she featured your post because I missed it. I completely get why this space would be such a retreat for you. So, so darling. I love all your bedding. Love the mix of colors. It's a charming, charming room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Paula...I'm bj and over to see this amazing bed of yours. I just love it...it takes me back to my childhood (and that's a looong time ago as I am OLDEN).
    Would you kindly let me use your photo of your bed as I am doing a post on THINGS I FELL IN LOVE WITH and would love to include your bed..linking right back to you, of course.
    And..I am following..come by to see me when you can.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Paula ... "bj" sent me over and said hey. (that's "hi" in Texas) ... Anyway, I am glad she did because I love your style of decorating ... the bed is wonderful and I can see why you go here to relax. New follower and I will be back to visit more.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new visitor to your blog. I loved reading your post because it is just how I feel about our bedroom. It may not have the fanciest 'things' but I feel happy and relaxed being in our bedroom. You wrote a lovely post and your bedroom is so homely and cosy. Ann - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your kind messages. I'm happy you all have enjoyed my bedroom. Miss BJ, you may use my pictures anytime you like. ;)
    Thanks for visiting me...hope you can come again..I'll put the coffee on.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger